Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Lost Symbol



No matter what anyone says, here's my review of the book.

The Lost Symbol, “featuring the Freemasons” starts off like a roller coaster ride, sort of slow and easy but once you get to the top and start down, it's all twists and turns. If it had not been for the number of pages left to read, many times I would have thought it was over.
Sure some of it was predicable but the enjoyment of getting there made it worth it. Sure it's the same basic story from his other books, "Angels and Demons" and "The DaVinci Code" but that's part of the enjoyment. No surprises there. Robert Langdon is what I was looking for and good ole Robert Langdon is what I got.
Taking place in our Nations, Capitol, Washington D.C., Dan Brown weaves a story so out there that you can almost believe it's true, where does fact leave off and fiction begin. You can believe that fact or fiction, the next time I visit Washington, D.C., I'll be looking around a bit more carefully.

1 comment:

  1. I have loved Dan Browns books and have not read this one yet but I am looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete