Received a copy of "The Postmistress" by Sarah Blake yesterday. I'm going to try to wait til the reading schedule is posted before I start reading and once again, try to stick with it instead of reading ahead.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake is not only the story of 3 women but the story of WW II and life. Even though the title is "The Postmistress", it is not just the story of Iris James, the Postmistress but also the story of Frankie Bard, a "War Correspondant" and Emma Fitch, the Doctor's wife. The lives of the people and especially the 3 women in small town America and how the war overseas affected them was simply told by Ms. Blake yet so powerful. This story will make you wonder, what will happen if I don't do something and what will happen if I do.
ReplyDelete